December 24, 2019, at 11:42 PM.
Queens busy.
Mutant Militia Camp Freedom.
Richard Reilly.
Marika Ashton.
Yves Dioscuri.
We have to remember every name. Only by remembering our fallen comrades each name I will fight again on our side, and their sacrifices will not be in vain.
Joke Smail.
Sanchez Nat.
Vince Tail.
I remember the names of all. And 'necessary. Not necessary to commit the same mistakes tomorrow.
Justin Cox.
Jamal Williams.
"Hey ..." Will
started, surprised perhaps for the first time in months. He turns toward the entrance of the tent now empty. A chill down my spine the climbs, despite the many layers of clothes she's wearing. Can hardly recognize the bright, soft brown hair Irish before returning to close your eyes, sighing air condensed because of cold.
"Hello Anja"
"You ... do not you come? In a little 'and it will be Christmas ... "
" No, thanks. I'd rather stay here. "
Will is cross-legged on the bed, restless hands resting on his knees. Her lips are chapped, filled with small painful cuts have already taken an almost purple color.
those of the girl have the same color but a different texture. She will pass the language constantly, so furtive and restless. Restless as his eyes linger on Will, go down. Her uncomfortable, change position while remaining standing, the door of the tent.
"Will I have to tell you something."
Seraphic, seriously, the boy opens his eyes and looks at her, studying her. His face is expressionless and silent, does not suggest anything.
The girl enters, finally, in a gesture almost impetuous, finally decided. Clearly agitated, goes to sit on the bed immediately in front of the Will. Continuously observed, shakes hands into each other, rubbing. He takes a deep breath, do not look up. It sets the ground with unusual obstinacy, as if it were able to penetrate through and disappear.
"Anja ..."
"Listen. Things are taking a strange turn. "
Wrinkle darting over the face of him, uncertain.
"What do you mean."
"Will, I'm dreaming ... maybe more. But I have to tell someone ... someone that I trust you. "
" Anja. What. "
She swallows. He squeezes his eyes and force may be used.
"I was in the tent with Blast this morning. We were talking and came ... and Reese. He was so nervous and excited ... and I do not think it is not even noticed me at first. And he started saying things like ... "
" How? "
" How 'we did', and 'ended', and it seemed so ... well, happy. You've never seen happy, Reese? "
"Not that I remember"
She spreads her arms as if he were trying to confirm: "exactly."
Will the searches but could not understand where I'm going, and when the Irish will stop, he presses, hiding behind his expressionless the worm that is gnawing away inside.
"So what? She said that? "
" E ' this point - she says, just as if you were not expecting more than one application - nothing
"In what way?"
"No, he did not say anything and just. He looked, then looked at me and told me to leave them alone. Will ... "
Former journalist ticking his fingers on his knees, without comment. Not yet, anyway: turn his head and looks away, sighing.
"Will ..." she repeats, almost distraught.
"Anja, you should plant it."
"In that sense I should gradually ..."
"Planting Anja, you plant it, okay? I know you're nervous, I know you're wrong. None of us is good, and we are all afraid, and we all want that Reese entered the tent and say that there is no need to lay siege to Manhattan, to attack, to take the UN, of ... "
"Will you listen to me, I think ..."
"No Anja, you hear me now. Week are you see conspiracies everywhere. I wish it were so, I wish this was not necessary. But it is not. We have already our enemies, Anja ... "
" Will you say that ... "
" ... we need someone to put us against each other. "
Those last words Fiumevento Will tells her with a brutality that just suits him. Anja darkens considerably and silent, looking away.
It 's a long moment of silence. Then the Irishman gets up and leaves. Will is looking at the exit of the tent, hard, to puff up. He feels that there are people out celebrating on Christmas Eve. Not him. He will celebrate quando sarĂ finita.
* * *
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right
You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan You ask me
for a contribution Well, you know
're doing what we can ...
*
only hears their footsteps.
those of the woman accompanying him are too light to be heard. Still unable to perceive that look dark and troubled that the peers with such insistence on pushing to shrug his shoulders in an attempt to remove it off.
Think of something else, though. Think of something other than when they reached Manhattan with a boat-hand, while fleeing from the camp as thieves their companions slept. That black sky full of bright spots and cold only visible through the blackout imposed on the entire Big Apple, check him constantly, nervously waiting for the sun to betray him at any moment, running over the horizon and illuminating his betrayal. Cameron Reese is firmly convinced that he acting according to conscience. Yet he never so much ashamed.
Gwyn certainly does not feel better. After a long silence full of innuendo, she decides to talk right after you pass the last hurdle and they went into a desert Financial District.
"Cam, what the hell we are doing - asked in a choked voice, almost forced to run after him as is the rapid stride of him, despite the Danish is considerably younger - we should be ... we have to attack the camp to rest between two hours and is expected Blast there is also you who ... "
" Please shut up ".
Because if the scope is, why? He thought the company of one of the people closest to Blast managed to make him feel entitled to do what? He had awakened in the middle of the woman and had practically thrown at clothes. He had swept through Queens, had boarded with him. It had not said anything so far, if not "do the plan" and "move".
"Cam, it's something you do not want you to know? - the woman look thinner - two hours will be our moment, our big moment ... "
He pauses, long, continuing to run after him. He accelerates, runs away from those words alone, they did so sick.
"My God, you're betraying us ..."
"Shut up, Gwynet" he says screaming, and when he spun around his eyes seem to have changed color. Are clouded with anger ill that has infected, has been doing for weeks to rot inside.
"You realize what will happen when attacking Manhattan? All the dead who do, the innocent people who Gwynet ... has nothing to do with this damned war ... "
The girl swallowing, clenching his fists but he raises his head and repeats what has been taught, convinced that perhaps could stand comparison.
"In the battles there are always victims, Cameron"
"This is not a battle, damn it! It will be a bloody murder! I can not afford this! "
" I do not stay here a moment longer. I'm going to warn Blast. "
Cameron dismissed her with a gesture of contempt vivo, embittered, retracing your steps.
"Go, I will in any case before me. At best, she'll kill me when I return. It will be a liberation. "
Gwynet has the rapid breathing, in the nervousness of having to make a decision. He looks back, then looks at Cameron.
"Come away with me, please ... please, do not need all this"
"You're free to go if you want."
Gwynet stares, eyes tremble with anger and haste. She stares at him, then looks behind him. But in the end he turns to look.
*
He rubs his eyes with his hands, stupefied. Sees in water to play with the dogs. She, hesitant, uncertain moves a step forward. Feel the warm sand and soft that it slips between your toes naked. It hard to balance, is a bit 'dazed. He pauses on the shore, stepping back just when the water is likely to get wet.
"I have you taught to swim, chiappatosta" laughs at him, opening his arms in defiance.
She sways a bit 'by shifting his weight from one foot to another, looking with suspicion: "but really you?"
"In flesh and blood! " pirouette on himself then sinking into the water leaving the ocean. In those few seconds that disappears below the surface of crystal, she gasps as if they had taken my breath away, searching frantically.
then reappears out laughing.
"Asshole!" Screams offense.
"unlike you I know how to swim, baby. And if I fall into the water, not drown. "
"So I also float - she mumbles, rubbing his neck. The hair grew, as long them had ever had. - C ow did you get here? - then you look around, recognizing the color of sand. - here ... we were never together. "
" But the idea was not it? "
" Yeah, "
" But you seem essertene forgotten "
She shrugs and plunges his hands into his pockets. "Without you I do not really have that much sense ..."
"Why, everything else has?" he replied calmly, as sweet as it ever was. The water lapping the sides carved in marble, that gray body and firm as a rock.
But the rocks were worn out. You cannot .
"I want to pay on their skin - she whispers, darkening - want them to know what we tried."
"And Cameron? - the presses him - he do you think? "
" I'm mad, and I do not understand anything ... because of anger. "
"And why should you be angry?"
'Well ... - she lost, she looks around - you know, right? In short, you are ... "
" I am what? "
blushes just bursts out angrily: " dead Christ. You're dead, okay? "
" But I'm here. "
"... Must be some kind of dream, yes. Of illusion. Something like that, I feel I'm imagining things ... "
" I feel. "
She sighs, taking a step forward. And then the surf can get it back.
"I do not think I have still a long time ... why not get out of there? I would like to greet you. As they should, I mean ... the last time we did not have much time so ... "
Marv smiles gently and pat with those gray eyes and distant. Do you think that I'll never forget.
"No baby, I'm sorry. - he says with a sigh, sweet and sad - I beyond this I can not come back ... "
She looks down disappointed, hurt.
"But you, if you like ... - includes him, his eyes looking blacks such as oil - you can enter the water, Sam."
*
"Gentlemen! - said Dante, happy, raising his arms and waving to collect a little 'attention - gentlemen! Maybe tomorrow will all die, you know, right? "
They all laughed, inebriated by those hot lights in the basement that was once a night. They felt lighter, and although they were in Manhattan, no worries and concerns. We may venture to say that the scented air and smoky one breathed there, a mixture of frankincense and grass, probably had its role in collective quell'inspiegabile serenity. So Dante had been able to continue.
"But that is tomorrow, so today ... - had raised his glass of whiskey, feeling the muscles of his face paralyzed in a grin almost inevitable - today that we live ... we live in! "
They applauded lulled by the hoarse voice of Janis Joplin and had gone back to drinking and smoking , as if that tomorrow did not exist, is not levied on their heads like the sword of Damocles. All were rediscovering the joy of sinking into a sweet unconsciousness, which welcomed them as a feather pillow, like a womb to return to be catapulted into oblivion before the disheartening reality. There, the reality was taking a break, he was suspended and he was stopped and allowing the gang of desperate to live last night, last week, last month before the mutants on the other side of the bridge decided to attack them and kill them all. That truce, the truce was temporary, and they knew it. If they had intended to leave at that time would have already done so, instead of continuing to stand at the gates of the rotten apple. They were predators. And New York is the prey.
But Dante was not thinking about that. Neither thought of his life or anything else of any significance: his head was busy to follow the pink elephants, tits Dakota Fanning, Baboomba the Great and the voice of Janis Joplin. Ah, damn, voice that he had, that girl!
And while his thoughts the surface stretched their muscles and rejuvenate the skin, she heard someone knocking at the door with such violence that had jumped and had gone to the joint finirgli on jeans, so he had to take the handful before the burn.
"But who the fuck ..." he mumbled while in the room fell silent and doing the honors of the landlord, had staggered to the door. He had hatched without removing the bolt.
"Oh shit ..."
Kick and the lock had already gone to hell, as the door had bounced on the face, knocking him back and tore off that stupid grin and pleasant.
He had come like a storm, like a policeman. Be '. It had been a policeman, after all.
took him by the collar of his jacket pulled over and receiving force, drawing him to himself so much out of breath on his face. Impossible not to recognize those blue eyes, that scar on his forehead.
"What the fuck you want, Reese ..."
"Your contact with the MCU, Malakian - had he growled - immediately, or I'll kill you before all your friends toxic
Dante had not even seen the girl with green eyes behind him, out of breath. He had watched those chilly him, then he clenched his fists with the little strength that allowed him to THC in the blood.
was plunged back into reality. And that fact, Cameron Reese is not never said no.
*
"We always knew we'd crossed the East River. They knew at that point we would have gone through and they also knew who was the mutant that they would permit "
Walter. Walt she called him, a good man. Blast looks up to Will and then moves on Cameron, who is listening with her. Walt was in control of the water. He should have open water, allowing the army to cross the river bed and go to Manhattan. Occupying it.
"We waited, Blast. They waited until we were halfway through, while remaining hidden. And then they shot at Walter. The hit once, found us ... "
She looks again Cameron, who returns his gaze. Try to guess what he is thinking, but could not. He hears the voice of Will so bad, hurt. And you know perfectly that are coming under exactly the same conclusions.
"How many dead, Will?"
"Half of our army. They made it only the strongest, but most of them drowned. Thousands of people, Blast. And many still missing. "
"... Who died?" intrudes Cameron, hesitant, touching his beard.
"Many. McGee dead. E is among the missing ... Gwynet "
" But it was not assigned to the first troops ... " protest Blast, surprised, worried.
"I know. But it lacks appeal. "
The silence weighs on them like a cloak. Cameron nods to the boy to leave, and Will do, simply leaving them alone. She takes off her glasses. He rubs his eyes, enraged, sitting on her sleeping bag. It 's you to break the silence that voice ruined and sore, that clings to the throat like sandpaper.
"This night I fell asleep an hour I think. I wanted to see Marv. "
He looks at her, his eyes blue as the section is done with a mechanism, trying to understand the purpose, type of use. And while he is watching, she stood up, removing the gun from the holster. He understands. He stands up too, with a sigh of resignation.
"I knew it would end like this, Cameron. I've always known. "
"I never thought they would wait for them down the river ... I never imagined there were so many dead. But is New York, and New York are even the innocent. And you would have made them kill, little girl. All of you. I had to do it. "
" No, you do not have. You have chosen to do so. You chose your side. "
" You chose to kill Cox. "
"..."
"I feel stupid, I really think that I would not understand? No one, given the choice, would start the first shot on Justin and the second on you. And no. No one would mistake aims on you, Sam. "
" He created problems "
" Why? Why Kahiwa are not enough? "
" No. "
" Why? "
" Why America is our task, Cameron. We have the right to take the country "
" Sam, why? "
" Why do they pay it. "
Cameron Reese takes a deep breath, closes his eyes for a moment and relaxes the muscles.
"Good. So come on, do what you need. Kill me. "
She comes over, and there is no anger in his eyes. She takes his hand and gave him his gun, so that string football. Then she's raised her hand, so that the barrel points on his chest at heart level.
"No. Kill yourself. "
He looks surprised, stunned.
"It 's your last chance, Cameron. If you believe you are right, you kill me now. Why else would go forward. I will take America, you know? I will take America and then to give the mutants. Whatever It Takes. And this ... this is your last chance. "
He tightens the grip around the butt of the gun, and his eyes become moist and saddened.
"If you do not, I will hunt down and kill you. You will lose your people, and when I win these people will be a renegade, and tell everyone that you have betrayed us. That the cause of death of thousands of mutants was Cameron Reese. "
" We've brought you all this ... "
" So kill me, I deserve it. "
" Sam ... "
" Foul Cam. I'm not afraid of drowning .
Continued ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment