marriage was five hours, four at a photo. And Martina was far from ready. He began to rummage in the closet in search of her handbag which had finished. But his attention was caught by the mirror: a body thin, a couple of unsightly protrusions on the left cheekbone, his eyes were moving so discordant and short hair, like a princess silk would not have had the courage to cut. Ever, if that had not conducted Jan. 5 in an operating room with a brain hemorrhage, three fractured vertebrae and the third cranial nerve damage. There, immobilized, intubated, sedated, to fight against time.
It had been nine months now but the body kept the road signs of the incident. Bruises were tattooed in the balance and having not yet recovered.
But Martin could not waste time, had to choose clothes that have thoroughly covered the body el'avrebbero discovery. It was enough to look away from the mirror and my mind was back Maggie, the body that was suddenly and temporarily found to live for months. Of which there were only small traces of the mirror.
Maggie returned and returned to the small hospital room.
was sitting on a wheelchair in a corner of the room: white walls, some wheelchairs and a door from which came the echoes of prying eyes, curious, sorry. From the door he had entered a man with a package of chipster in hand. The red and yellows of the potato gave the monochromatic color of his dress pants, shirt, belt and shoes gray tone on tone, carried by a tall, sturdy frame, long blond hair, unkempt beard. Heiko, so called him a voice in the back of the room, was a strong and sturdy body that moved with great agility and color between the carriages. He went to the little voice, where the gaze of the other guests brought.
was a little girl about eighteen years on a body torn to pieces. He had two beautiful blue eyes, his head bandaged, his back immobilized on a statue, her face deformed along the left profile to the height of the mouth, asymmetrical. It was impossible not to look through the eyes of a perfectionist that she wanted would be nice. Maggie in her body seemed to undergo an X-ray bombardment of eyes that do not leave off and that he even knew the name. Her, all eyes and large scars that tracks the body, on which all those present, with little prudence, leading his attention. They created a huge traffic jam on his little broken body and left to Heiko to look deep into my eyes. He, leaning on its strings untied, he rose quickly, he looked uncertain in May and then pointed toward his right and safe small beacon, attracting all those present. Heiko was not the only one who looked upon her but just saw it. Maggie saw that look in her face not a quiet man in that hospital setting. He had his legs crossed, casual, his fingers moving secure the package to the mouth of the child. But as soon as she turned her eyes to Maggie, who was approaching, that seemed to disappear casually. Maggie make eye contact with Heiko again and noticed embarrassment. It seemed a confident man, his daughter, who had bought the chipster, wearing trousers but not what was outside the context of the familiar. In those dark eyes bright and figured it was a lone sailor, or maybe a painter, safe on the canvas, constantly challenged in life.
Maggie is close enough to hear, he and 'eyes only', engaged in a question and answer pressing. The tone sure he did not surprised.
- I'm tired him to feel the gaze of passers-by.
- always complaining. You are beautiful and look at you. But I pass unnoticed, for all are just thoughts, I never know how I see it. No one can get an idea of \u200b\u200bme if I do not speak. Sometimes I want to stay silent and be only a shell.
- Do not do wrong. When you feel beautiful is not always good to have all eyes on him. But many times I have spots on the body and all look at me with contempt, no matter who is thinking about beautiful things. Shun me because I meet their eyes. You know I try hard to make them stop looking at the shell to know.
- Today you are beautiful. You are clean shimmer, even if you have bad thoughts. You can hide them, ones.
- Even you are beautiful.
- You mean you like my thoughts. But if you do not like ugly and I could not hide behind a nice body
- Oh, thank you. You mean he has more for you if you are looking outside and not inside?
- But no, what have I to do? I speak of others who do not see me and have to find me. Even I have to find me. I look in the mirror and see only the world I have inside, the only interest. But you can not even make the effort to think for you to see.
Suddenly the sweet tone of a nurse interrupted them. Too bad, was fascinating. What the woman said, had to make yet another TAC is a sampling. The voice of 'eyes only', however, was not scared and came out loud: - Dad, but the next time you do the snail shell and I will!
's mouth fell open with astonishment the Martina.
- No, young lady. There are already two tales that lie ahead. I look forward to being your shell.
- Yes, I agree. But if I am part of the Pearl better than I did the snail shell hidden in the fable I decide the next stage.
- Go Princess, we'll see tomorrow.
And while the puppet came out, Martina saw her calm and careless of his body. Both the shell that protected patient it was not her, the looks and the needle were not for her.
Martina came to Heiko. With a curiosity that could not suppress asked: - Are you his dad?
Man, again, looked at it and immediately looked away. Sailor's eyes, he thought. But he, confident voice of someone who has lived, he replied:
- I am the keeper of a lighthouse.
- a lighthouse?
- Yes, a few are capable of it, also because it requires subtlety and passion.
- Although attention and responsibility, I think.
- Eyes alert and vigilant towards the sea. Beware of operations of the sailors, the direction of the bows.
- A look at with heavy seas, however, the boats seem more at the mercy of gravity of the water that sailors.
- If you think you can suck in the sea, like the eyes of the people eaters. But when the man is captain of his ship, feel in control, breaking with gestures and thoughts ready and determined that shiny piece of wood. Only wood from direct to port.
- and where are the light of your lighthouse directs them.
- It 's why I have to be careful. Turn on the lighthouse at the right time, at regular intervals and intensity, so that my light will guide their operations and thus the boats in the harbor.
"What a strange job," Martin thought to himself. Tinker Bell
increasingly insistent - Ascending ringing mode - a mobile phone in the hands of Heiko, led him away, away from that room
Yes, good morning, tell me - The sailor and the painter had disappeared behind a voice cold and professional, as if a sailor could not have a cell phone. A telegraph, perhaps yes. - This afternoon could come to my studio downtown for an initial analysis of the figure - the beacon light was fading - Madam, we can set time limits only after deciding the extent of changes to her cheekbones. It does not need you to bring Vanityfair of his daughter. We have us a large sample of faces, broken down by age groups. May choose among those most satisfactorily.
Martina had been wrong in the eyes cold and distant Heiko had found its painter, came out of the canvas, fight, resigned to paint still lifes - Madam, I can. The aspect on Jesus at nine - he concluded. Heiko startac closed it, put it back in your pocket and Martina, desperate, crossed his eyes. And here again, embarrassed. Timid voice said, - You asked me who I was, not that I did to keep my job and care for my daughter.
the word daughter's voice Heiko regained color. Became secure. - I have to go back to my beautiful sailing ship in port. You know, after the analysis always feels an old raft at the mercy of the sea. E 'in these times that a lighthouse must be able to drive. The man, with a newfound ease, came out without too much noise in the gray of his clothes and the many shades between
of his eyes. Martin also went out and spoke again, to himself: - It 'keeper, lead your ship to safety, the snail in the shell and save it again from the shell. Do not let the thoughts you schiantino against the eyes of the people and thus become only an empty shell.
Martina felt reassured by his words. He slipped into bed sure 'eyes only', protected by a shell, it would always be heard a pearl, never even a grain of sand.
When he opened his eyes there was Julius, an imposing figure as he looked on kindly. He looked at Maggie and settle the shirt that clung to the biceps. Maggie in a low voice spoke: - I move further away, across the room?
Giulio replied from his six-foot with lost voice:
- Smile, you're already against the wall.
- I ask you please. With all those muscles you could even move!
| |
| ........... |
Heiko had begun to meet more than once. He had heard of a new 'eyes only'. Repeatedly pull outside the hospital room, pull out the caterpillar from the larva, the pearl from the shell. Martina by Maggie.
Julius began to speak with a doctor:
- What's the matter?
- It 's under the influence of morphine and sedatives. These moments of lucidity not alternate with phases of the delusional.
The memory of that scene brought Maggie in front of the mirror, three hours after the wedding. Martina moved the green shoes, wore jeans and began to walk to the lighthouse in front of the house. At the foot had its Nike. He could run. In two minutes he was on the beach below the lighthouse and looked at him, as Heiko had always looked at her, uncertain. And there
Martin wondered if the man really had. If
quell'imponente and agile figure was not moving any time in the Nike Martina and it would go away on their heels uncertain Maggie
.... THE END
0 comments:
Post a Comment