Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Building A Side Console

the crazy 2

Our neighborhood was a cluster of eight-storey tower blocks . It was built to give apartments for rent in the south who were then north to find work in factories. There were always clothes hanging to dry on a rope, mothers yelling loudly from the balcony to dialect in order for their children to go home because he was ready to eat, fathers with nervous hands and calluses tank.
Even my parents and those of In were among them. Except for the mother of Nello. She, despite being a true Neapolitan, had an accent very well hidden, and had a way to do almost refined, his house was full of shelves full of books. Maybe it was a self. The most southerly of the period who lived in that neighborhood had not passed the elementary school. But their father was a fat alcoholic who spent his days at the bar playing billiards or broom, losing a lot of money. Every now and then I heard his parents arguing on the issue and needed to pick up the television volume to hear no screams and slaps.
And I lived in the same scale, in the same plane, practically neighbors landing. arrived home, where his mother had prepared us for apple pie and lemonade pretty cool.
'How's your mom, Mario? "My mother asked Nello.
"Well, Mr. Masiello " I answered.
"Well, salutamela when you see it."
"Yes, ma'am."
'Listen, guys. Now I away for a half hour . I'm going down to the supermarket to do some 'expense. You stay here for a snack, possible without destroying the house. "
'Quiet, mother. We will do the good. "Said Nello.
As soon as her mother left the house In began to tell what he knew of Zahara.
"Well, Mario. Now I'll tell you who is Zahara and why we must stay away. They say it is not right with his head. You do not see much around, but when she came to live here are gone two children of our age. "
" disappeared? "I said.
"Yeah. Disappeared into thin air. There are rumors that could be seen lei.Hai stat to look like us, right? Maybe he was doing as my mother to the supermarket. Choose the best product, and if you take once you have chosen. Puff! Disappears. Maybe is not true at all, maybe it's just a squirted crazy wandering for no particular reason. I prefer to Starla far. And I tell you more, guess where he lives? "When
me that question I was going to bite the apple pie, but the movement became a fermoimagine , except for a piece of apple, which broke away slowly from the slice to end up smashed on the table.
"No. .."
"Oh, yes."
"Are you telling me who lives here?"
"not only lives here in the district, but lives in our scale, to ' utime floor." A shiver
I walked back, the same thrill I felt when I watched "The Uncle Creepy "in secret. But that feeling, I wanted to try it. Was I to look through the fiction. Zahara 's story, however, I amplified that feeling, much closer to the terror of what could be" Nightmare " or " Halloween" or "Jaws." I had to take a long sip of lemonade before saying anything. My throat was thick with trots.
"Are you sure what you're saying?" I've never met so far. "
" Of course I'm sure. Maybe you have not noticed, but I usually never take the elevator. "
" But if you just went with me, "I said.
" I taken because we were together and Zahara we had just met outside. Usually I always take the stairs. From now on keep your eyes open, Mario. "
After those revelations did not talk more. We continued to devour the cake in silence with their ears opened and tuned to every little noise outside. Fortunately Mrs. Masiello returned after a half 'Oretta. I greeted them both and went back to my house, the door just in front of the Nello.
That night I did not have peaceful dreams. I dreamed that Zahara chasing me down the dark and endless underground parking in the neighborhood, screaming at the heart of wanting to eat. I woke up sweat soaked.
I made breakfast, I filled my backpack with books and walked to the elevator.
I did not know what to do. Believe what he had told to, or take the stairs to care for life? Before yesterday afternoon I had never met, can that just that morning, it would have happened? And if he had taken me instead In handsomely for your ass? I had never taken into consideration that version. Maybe Zahara, was really a lonely girl, introverted or half-sketched. And Nell had decided to pump some 'history to have fun at my expense. Would not be the first time.
"No, man. This time do not fool me. "I said to aloud, and presses the button of the call. When I saw him light up the number eight. The elevator was coming down from the top floor. And again, that feeling of dread returned, and grew at every number that was lit. On the sixth floor I began to look nervously the stairs, then turn again to look at the numbers. I take or not take, take or not take it. It was a mental torture. Indecision I did what I do most of the undecided. I did not absolutely nothing. I stood motionless with his legs and the soft heart that looked like a locomotive launched at full speed. The elevator came to my floor (the third), and the doors were opened. None. Empty. I inhaled a lot air and threw out with excess adrenaline. I smiled and went inside.
"I told you that I would not have fallen," I said aloud again.
I turned to the keyboard to press the ground floor but the doors were closed early. Someone had called the elevator from the eighth floor.

Soundtrack:


Attachments:




0 comments:

Post a Comment